Are you a company, large or small, that either has a brand, is unclear of what your brand is, or is looking to establish your brand? Are you experiencing rapid growth and your current brand does not seem to fit anymore? As you are building your brand, consider these essential elements through every step. With these, you will create a brand that resonates with every audience and will leave them with an experience and a belief in what you do.
There are three essential zones that you must have to build a brand:
- You – the company. In your vision for how you serve the world, and your leadership.
- Your customer. You have to have a customer to have a business.
- Your employees
So why are these three things the essential elements of a brand? And how do they make up a brand?
Essentially, if a brand is not what you say it is, it’s what they say it is. If a brand is a belief you leave in people’s minds, the thing that you need to do is be very clear about what belief you want people to have about you. You must strategize and authentically inform that belief in people’s minds.
Who are those people?
They are your customers and they are your employees. And when you do that successfully, where the interests of your vision, your employees, and your customers overlap… that’s where your brand lives.
If you are not able to:
- Be clear about what vision and impact you want to communicate as a company
- Be clear on how to talk about that in a way that your customers care about
- Be clear on how to talk about that in a way that your employees are going to really rally behind that vision
… then you do not have a brand.
Do you feel like you may be missing any variables in this overlap? If so, please reach out! We would love to have a chat about what may be missing, and how we can help.